Did you know that the average person is exposed to approximately 62 chemicals in their home every single day? When we wash our clothes with toxic ingredients, those chemicals are then absorbed by the skin and eventually enter our bloodstream. The rule of thumb is that if you wouldn’t eat it or drink something, that it shouldn’t come in contact with your skin. These toxic chemicals can also be inhaled through our lungs, and chronic exposure may lead to adverse health effects such as skin irritation, disruption of the endocrine system, respiratory problems, and even cancer.
- Suds and lather are an indication that something is clean
- It smells good, so it must be clean
- All-natural household cleaning products do not have the same cleaning power as commercial detergents
- Commercial detergents are not that harmful to the environment
I have been using household cleaning products by The Green Laundress, an all-natural, eco-friendly, affordable, black-owned company. The Green Laundress line is hypoallergenic, making it perfect for those with eczema or sensitive skin.
The Green Laundress Difference
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS)
- Artificial Fragrances
- Petroleum Distillates
Visit The Green Laundress to learn more ways you can make your home a little greener.