Despite recent debates regarding the safety and health benefits of coconut oil, it will still remain as a staple product in my home. Coconut oil is a well-known energy booster, has anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties, can increase your metabolism and works to reduce body fat. Not only is it one of the oils that I use for baking and high heat cooking, it’s also a regular part of my beauty routine. In my opinion, coconut oil is not canceled. As of late, I’ve really been loving Conscious Coconut.
Conscious Coconut is a social enterprise that produces 100% USDA Organic, Fair Trade Certified™, Virgin, Cold-Pressed Coconut Oil. This is an ethical brand that works to ensure safe working conditions and compensation for farmers and factory workers. Conscious Coconut is packaged by adults with developmental disabilities at the Macdonald Training Center in Tampa, FL (my second home), and for every tube sold, they give a child a meal through Feeding America. They are committed to raising awareness for childhood hunger in the United States. To date, Conscious Coconut has fed 23,000+ kids through their one-to-one platform, since its launch just over a year ago. I love to support companies with high-performing products that give back.
Is it me, or do you find that coconut oil packaged in those wide jars go rancid much faster? Unlike other brands, the sweet smell, convenient packaging, and smooth texture of Conscious Coconut really stood out to me. No longer do I need to keep a jar in seemingly every room of the house. The squeeze tube allows for travel and creates less mess.
My Favorite Ways To Use Coconut Oil
- Pre-poo: I saturate my hair with coconut oil and finger detangle before I shampoo. This really helps to prevent breakage on wash day.
- Post-shower: Apply to damp skin before applying lotion for extra moisture.
- Heat protectant: Some say that this is debatable, but I always apply a little to my hair before blow drying to prevent heat damage. So far, so good!
- Oil pulling: Before you brush your teeth, swish a squeeze of coconut oil around in your mouth for 15-20 minutes to remove toxins, freshen breath, and whiten teeth. Spit it out in the toilet and flush. Never spit this out in the sink as it can clog your drain.
- Cuticle Oil: Massage your nails with coconut oil every night for longer, stronger nails.
What are some of your favorite ways to use coconut oil?
YES, I still use coconut oil. @wheresyourco #consciouscoconut Click To Tweet