You guys know that I’m always on the hunt for green and clean beauty steals so I was super excited when The Detox Market (TDM) reached out to me and asked if I’d like to review their 2017 Best of Green Beauty Box! TDM curated 9 of their top selling and most loved beauty products of 2017 into this beautiful, limited-edition bundle. The box is available for $149 but valued at over $310!
Want to try more green beauty products? Check out this limited edition bundle from @thedetoxmarket #organic #wellness #greenbeauty Click To Tweet
What’s Inside + My Thoughts
- MV Skincare Rose Soothing and Protective Moisturizer, $135 – Y’all already know that I love floral scents so no issues with the fragrance here. Although this performs well I truly wish that as a protective moisturizer, this contained SPF. This is something that I would only wear at night as SPF is part of my daily routine.
- Josh Rosebrook Hydrating Accelerator, $20 – Gosh, I love just about anything Josh creates and this does not disappoint, especially during the colder months. I prefer the look of dewy skin so I mist this on my face a couple times a day.
- Odacité Green Ceremony Cleanser, $55 – I LOVE this cleanser. This is something that I would have never picked out for myself because the price point is so intimidating. I was so happy to have a chance to try this product at a reduced rate. Since transitioning to a cleaner beauty routine, I’ve struggled to find a foaming a cleanser that is also non-toxic. Psychologically, there is something that makes my skin feel so much cleaner when I use a foaming cleanser. I literally felt like I was mixing a matcha latte. You can watch the magic in my beauty story highlights on Instagram. (Make sure you are viewing on the app.)
- The Beauty Chef Collagen Inner Beauty Boost, $16 – To clarify, this is NOT collagen. This ingestible is an organic probiotic designed to help boost the skin’s natural production of collagen. This is another product that I love as I must admit that I have been self conscious about fine lines now that I’m in my 30’s. This tastes like a tropical coconut treat. I would recommend this for anyone who is struggling to drink more water because it really does make it more fun!
- David’s Natural Toothpaste, $7.95 – If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you’ve already seen my review on David’s. I’ve been using this toothpaste off and on since July 2016.
- RMS Beauty Vintage Cake Liner, $24 – Winged eyeliner has been part of my signature look for almost a decade so I can pretty much say that I am a liner connoisseur. I typically use Zuzu Luxe Liquid Eyeliner in “Raven”. I did enjoy this eyeliner. However, you do need to use an angled brush. Unlike Zuzu Luxe, no brush is included. Simply wet the tip of your brush and dip it into the product. If you like the blackest black eyeliner (like me), you may need a couple of coats. I was pretty impressed with the staying power, even after a long work day.
- Lily Lolo Natural Vegan Mascara in Black, $20 – This, along with Fitglow Beauty’s Good Lash are my top 2 mascaras right now. Lily Lolo provides length and volume. No need for falsies!
- Soapwalla Sensitive Skin Lavender Mint Deodorant Cream, $16 – This baking soda-free formula is ideal for even the most sensitive underarms. I do prefer stick formulas so I will continue using my tried and true Honestly pHresh.
- Rahua Shampoo and Conditioner Travel Set, $16.50 – I really wanted to love Rahua. I really did. However, this travel set simply did not provide enough product for a curly girl like me. Normally, this would cost $17 and I can’t justify paying that much for one wash. It didn’t provide enough slip and I was also a bit turned off by the canola oil in the conditioner.
Overall, I think the 2017 Best of Green Beauty Box provided a pretty decent value for the money. What I appreciate about this box is that TDM included items that can be incorporated into one’s everyday personal care routine. I don’t know about you, but I use toothpaste, eyeliner, mascara, cleanser, moisturizer, and deodorant on a daily basis. Don’t get me wrong, I love a new lip shade or eyeshadow every now and then. However, I am more drawn to practical personal care items at this stage in my life. Have you tried any of these products?