Wow, I can’t believe that it’s really 2018. I’ve officially been blogging for 2 years! Woohoo! The past few weeks have been pretty hectic. I started a new job and I’m trying to restore a sense of balance. As a result, this year started off a little slow. You know what? I’m totally fine with easing my way into the new year. I decided to reject society’s viewpoint that we must hit the ground running. Slow and steady wins the race! Here’s what I’ve been up to since we last talked.
- To my surprise, I was named to ESSENCE’s list of 33 Self-Care Sistahs That Helped Redefine Wellness in 2017.
- My “blogger boo’s” and I hosted a Holiday Soiree called #DCBLOGiday. I didn’t get to see my family during Christmas so it was really nice to celebrate in a big way. My good friend Sommar posted a really great recap. Head over to her blog for all the details.
- If you haven’t heard by now, TV One’s NewsOne Now with Roland Martin was cancelled! This was the only nationally syndicated live news show that provided daily coverage of black issues and the black experience. I was a regular guest on their #FitLiveWin segments. Thank you to TV One for providing me the opportunity to share the benefits of a plant-based diet with the black community. Please keep Roland and the NewsOne Now staff in your thoughts and prayers throughout their transition.
- I found a really great MSM lotion by Sunfood that has really helped smooth out scars and dark marks on my skin. I’ve been using it daily! You can grab this on Amazon or Vitacost.
Read @HiThatsChelsea 's January Life Updates // #wellness Click To Tweet
- I recently picked up a really cool book called, “A Wilder Life: A Season-By-Season Guide to Getting in Touch With Nature.“
- This Bleu Body Wax by KHUS+KHUS that I discovered though my Beauty Heroes box is the one of the most therapeutic moisturizers that I have tried to date. I wouldn’t use this daily but definitely on those days when I need some extra oomph! Beauty Heroes subscribers can experience clean, full-sized, eco-luxe beauty products at a reduced rate. There are so many beauty boxes popping up that it’s starting to become quite overwhelming. Beauty Heroes really helps me sift through all the noise. I’m rarely disappointed by their selections.
- I found my holy grail vegan alternative to parmesan cheese! It’s dairy free, gluten free, soy free, GMO free and kosher.
My first blog event of year was with JRINK Juicery, Whole Foods Market DC, and 405 Yoga DC, three really cool wellness brands that treated me to some amazing power flow yoga, acai bowls, and fresh pressed juice, in celebration of JRINK’s NEW pop up at Whole Foods Market H street. It was a great reminder for busy creatives and entrepreneurs to focus on our health just as much as we focus on our work at the office. What a way to kick-off the new year?
What’s new in your world? Let me know what you have planned for 2018 in the comment section below.