Smoothies gifted by Daily Harvest.
Daily Harvest is a meal service that delivers frozen, pre-portioned smoothies, soups, harvest bowls, overnight oats, chia parfaits, and sundaes to your door. (They’re not currently shipping outside the continental United States.) I recently ordered 6 smoothies to try for myself, and of course share all the tea with you! You can have 6, 12 or 24 smoothies delivered at once. Below are my thoughts.
- Selection – Although I only sampled the smoothies, it is nice to have a wide variety of options to choose from.
- Convenience – Simply blend the contents of your cup with a liquid of your choice and enjoy. I recommend pouring your blend back into the original cup. The smoothies cups come with a to-go top and a placeholder for a straw. All of the ingredients are already prepped, a definite time saver.
- Ingredients – Organic, non-GMO, dairy-free, gluten-free, and several soy-free options.
- Taste – Flavor is so important to me and these are definitely not lacking!
Servings Per Container About 2. Amount per serving: Calories 100, Fat Cal. 20. Total Fat 2.5g, Sat. Fat 2g, Cholest. 0mg, Sodium 25mg, Total Carb. 18g, Fiber 5g (22% DV), Sugars 10g, Protein 2g, Vitamin A (0% DV), Vitamin C (10%DV), Calcium (2% DV), Iron (2% DV).
- Some Food Additives – While most of the ingredients are great, be on the lookout for a few options that contain maltodextrin, alcohol, and high sodium levels. Also, most of the smoothie cups are considered to be 2 servings. I thought to myself, “2 servings where?” Lol! I usually drink the entire cup as a meal so keep that in mind as you are reviewing the nutrition label.
- Inability to Customize Ingredients – If you are allergic to an ingredient, you will have to skip the entire blend altogether.
- Price – at $7.99 per cup, this subscription service isn’t sustainable for my budget, but a nice option to have during those weeks when you are super busy and don’t want to fall off track.
6 Cups Weekly for $7.99 per Cup
12 Cups Weekly for $7.49 per Cup
24 Cups Monthly for $6.99 per Cup
Read this review of @dlyharvest before you subscribe. // #dailyharvest // #plantbased // #wellness Click To Tweet
Overall, I thought that this meal delivery service was pretty decent. The smoothies were tasty, filling (when you drink the entire cup), and convenient. However, the price point is prohibitive.
If you have decided that this service is a good fit for you, head over to Daily Harvest, create an account, set your delivery settings, and use code “thatschelsea” to get 3 free smoothies in your first delivery! Make sure you check their delivery areas first to determine if they serve your local area.